On the 17th and 18th of August, the KRN organised a workshop on Project Cycle Management, Monitoring and Evaluation for local community based organisations. This training was delivered by Mr. Patrick Sebagabo Nsenga from UNDP and attracted over 18 participants from NGOs and CBOs members of Kolektif Rivier Nwar. The objectives of this workshop were:
- To equip the KRN members with, knowledge, guidance and tools in project management, monitoring and evaluation as they support the implementation of the KRN Strategic Plan (2015-2017).
- To demonstrate the importance of effective dissemination of Monitoring and Evaluation results
The key Topics covered were:
- Introduction to Project and Program Cycle Management
- Introduction to the Logical Framework
- How to pick the right indicators and set the level(Baseline and target values) of change for those indicators
- Understanding Monitoring and Evaluation
- Understanding the process and steps to building a Results-Based M&E System
- Basics on Leadership
- Understanding of the Human Rights Based Approach
The Training was very fruitful. The feedback revealed it had a positive effect and hence more trainings at this level are forecast. For more information on the training context click on the following link to access the presentation (view more).